Current Bookkeeper Roles
Current generalist bookkeepers tend to spend the majority of their time executing transactional tasks such as entering accounting invoices data into the accounting system, generating reports and processing bank payments. These time consuming tasks prevent bookkeepers from working on tasks that provides greater value-add for clients.
Job Description of Current Bookkeepers
- Enter, validate and process all transactions and financial events into the accounting system.
- Process payment through the online banking system.
- Create and edit management reports for review by accounting seniors.
- Preparation of accounting schedules.
- Follow-up with clients to ensure all documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
- Manage client timeline and requests.