Achieving Quick Wins through
There are many processes that could be automated through RPA. However the appetite for change of each company is different. Each company needs to consider their resources (both financial and non-finacial) and prioritise which processes would be most meaningful to automate first. The key data points gathered from our pilot project below provides guidance on where to begin.
Expected outcomes of automation
|Process categories||Sample process to automate||Expected time saving||Pre-requisite|
|Entering invoices and other client data into accounting system||Digital invoices and/or high quality scans of invoices|
|Preparing management reports||Standard format for financial reports and report documents|
|Processing of payments|
|Requesting missing client data|
What other benefits can I get out of automation?
Better data accuracy
- Our pilot has shown that outputs using RPA are more accurate compared to tasks carried out manually.
- This results in time savings during the review process for both the bookkeeper and the reviewer.
- This allows reviewers to spend more time on complex issues that require expertise.
- Due to automation being introduced to the process standardisation occurs due to processes becoming automated.
- This ensures that all naming conventions and file location conventions are followed for all reports.
- This will have incremental time savings throughout the accounting process.